Electrolysis Procedure Description
Electrolysis is a series of treatments, ranging in length of time from 15 minutes to 1 hour with spacing from 1 time a week to every 2 to 3 weeks depending on the number of hairs requiring treatment.
- The average hair can take 3 to 12 weeks to complete a growth cycle. The closer a treatment is given to the start of hair growth, the sooner you can expect to see clearing and results. The electrologist will help you decide on the length of appointment and spacing at your initial consultation.
- Due to the fact that hairs can be in their active growth cycle at different times, I encourage clients to be patient and persistent with scheduled appointments to see the results they are wanting.
- At the onset a client may be scheduling once a week for 30 minutes. After several treatments when the hair growth is slowing down, hyou may be able to treat the area in 15 minutes versus 30 minutes. I recommend keeping the weekly appointments and shortening the appointment duration until you continue to notice a reduction. It is not uncommon to then schedule for 15 minutes every 2 to 3 weeks instead of every week.
- What will you feel? Some clients describe it as a tingle, a slight heat or mild sting. Some aras are naturally more sensitive due to the concentration of nerves in the treatment area. It also can vary from person to person and are to area.
- Electrolysis is performed by a state licensed Electrologist.